Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Scent of the Season

I now have it in my head that I need to start wearing a new perfume. I am a Guerlain woman but after an over powering experience a few weeks back with L’Instant and a blah-blah self reaction to my standard Shalimar I’ve decided to look for a perfume made by another company. 

For me the search always begins with a list of scents I love and prefer to wear and ends with the addition of scents I find myself drawn to at the time. Season, time of year and current events in my life always affect the list.  Most of the scents I wear have distinct notes of amber, vanilla or sandalwood. Though I am also attracted to fruit and floral scents I prefer ones that aren’t too bright. I prefer spice to floral so the fruit or floral notes can't be the first notes that hits you. 

While flipping through the pile of fashion magazines this Sunday I allowed my nose to begin to shop and sniffed my way through each scented card it came across, sniffing a coffee bean in between to clear my noses scent memory. I think I have found a prime candidate, Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein.

Before I peeled back the scented flap I feared I would be assaulted with an updated version of the 1980’s Obsession but was relieved and pleasantly surprised to find this new addition to CK’s perfume line is nothing like the original obsession. It is a dry oriental perfume with an earthy spiced bottom (amber, vanilla, sandalwood, mace) that settles the floral (rose, jasmine, tuberose) and fruit (plum, orange) notes making for sexy earthy perfume. I rubbed the small card on various pulse points and liked the lingering aroma but before I go out and spend the $72 for 3.4oz or $55 for 1.7oz of eau de parfum spray I have 5 more fragranced cards to wear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails