Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happening - Sitting On Santa's Knee

The weekend brings the luxury of getting up, puttering around the apartment and then crawling back into bed with or without an agenda (wriggling eyebrows here). It is one of the finest luxuries I partake of, time and silence in my space. Last Sunday I crawled back into bed with a cafe latte and fresh three-berry muffins to watch a few of my favorite holiday movies. After a few hours of snow covered illusions and Christmas pageantry I was left wondering whether children still ask their parents to take them to see Santa Claus. When I was a kid dressing up and heading over to the Herald Square Macy's to wait in line to see and petition the jolly man himself was a yearly event. I have since found and destroyed the pictures my mother made us take each year but this year I think I will head on down to Macy's with the niece and nephew to pass along the tortur...errrrr tradition.

Macy's Santaland, located on the 8th floor of Macy's Herald Square, is open daily from 9 A.M. to 9 P.M. from Friday, November 28th through Wednesday, December 24th (5:30PM - Santa has to get moving!). Admission is free and the gratification of seeing your child talking to the jolly old elf is immediate as Santa's workshop now takes digital photographs. While there stop by the 9th floor’s Puppet Theater to see the holiday puppet musical Miracle on 34th Street. Admission is $5 per person and shows run nine times daily from November 28th through Wednesday, December 24th. For more information, call 212-494-4495.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails