Saturday, December 20, 2008

Do It Yourself Luxury - Salty Body Scrubs


I love my body brush and wash cloth and will stand by their ability to exfoliate what needs to be exfoliated. On occasion I do make and use salt scrubs on my hands and feet but I have to admit I find them too messy and greasy to use as a full body scrub while home because cleaning the tub afterwards is a b*tch!
For those of you interested in the benefits of salt body scrubs I will share with you a recipe shared with me. Kosher or Sea Salt* makes the perfect body scrub. Combine 1/2 cup of either salt, make sure it isn't fine, the crystals needs to be coarse, 3-4 tbs of your favorite oil - almond, olive, avocado or even grape seed works well, and 2 tbs of white vinegar, which helps restore the pH balance of skin. If you're feeling a little creative add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for scent alone or benefit - do the research and find out the benefits of the oils you are drawn to.

You can use the scrub on either wet or dry skin, using a wash cloth or sponge or your hands apply it in a circular motion from your shoulders on down before rinsing off. Some people use a body soap or shampoo afterwards to remove any excess grit/oil while other luxuriate in the supple skin left behind.

*salt can be switched out for sugar, roughly ground oatmeal or bran or coffee grounds if you're feeling adventurous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salty body scrubs are very useful body care product...

Related Posts with Thumbnails